ISPexperts.com.np is oriented for the educational purpose dedicated to IT circle from IT professionals and ISP experts . Here we have covered ISP, Bank, Coorporate Office, University, Media House, Government Office, Hotels, Security sector and etc. based System and Network environment under Unix, RedHat, Windows, FreeBSD, CISCO, Mikrotik and etc. based systems which could help you for System Administration. You can get some knowledge about the Server configuration like DNS, DHCP, POP Mail, NIS, FTP, Database, Exchange, Proxy, SMTP IN/OUT, Webmail, Anti-SPAM and Anti-Virus Gateway, MailScanner, Auto Backup/Restore, Web Hosting, Control Panel, PPPoE, FreeRadius, Firewall Gateway, Bandwidth Manager, NIS, LDAP, Nagios, MRTG, Cacti, VOIP, VPN (open-swan, open-vpn), HotSpot and lots of tips n tricks to troubleshoot.
Main features of dedicated servers
A dedicated server is far more expensive than a shared server but it also provides many benefits that allow users to improve their websites. Nevertheless, a dedicated web hosting is not suitable for everyone, not just for its higher price, but also because of the needed responsibility of the user for the maintenance of the server.
It is recommended to examine the need for it and your ability to manage a dedicated server prior of getting one. Many people get excited because of the substantial benefits they are getting from a dedicated server but very often disregard the involved responsibilities.
Most important features that you actually need with a dedicated web hosting:
1. A very flexible web hosting that allows you to manage and put together the software configuration, to modify the server behavior, adjust the timing for some automated scheduled tasks as well as other particular features and options available for your website.
2. No limitation regarding the main areas as you are one and only user of the server. The entire CPU, memory and bandwidth is at your disposal and for your usage only.
3. You get the top level of security one can have. As you are not sharing the server with any third party, nobody has access to your server and to the data on it, there are no risks of any data loss. However, if you consider that you need a higher protection from any potential virus attack, you can set up your own firewall.
4. A greater reliability that is guaranteed, as in the case of a dedicated server, you will have less or no problems at all with the server. Keep in mind, that the server up-time might be as high as on average 99.85%.
5. A dedicated server allows you to efficiently handle your website’s traffic as it will help your website to load faster and to avoid any traffic blockage. You have the independence to remotely handle your dedicated server.
6. A dedicated web hosting allows you to have a quicker server response time, because you are independent from the response time of other websites, as you are not sharing the dedicated server with anyone else.
7. You have full and unconditional control of the dedicated server and thus you can modify everything you want and configure the software as you consider it necessary.
Every website company, big or small needs the hosting services. Dedicated server hosting is usually for big companies, as they are little expansive to afford by small and mid-sized companies. Primarily there are two main hosting services-
* Shared Hosting services
* Dedicated server-hosting services.
There is huge difference between these two hosting services. However, the main difference is – In Web hosting, there are number of website companies who shares the server at one platform, whereas in dedicated servers, only one company has control over server, there is no sharing with other website companies. The web hostingcompany in dedicated server provides you the full control over server.
Before choosing dedicated server hosting services for your company, you should have full knowledge about this service. The necessity of this kind of hosting service arises when there is huge traffic flow to your website, and your server is taking relatively more time to load. When this situation occurs, the time has come to switch to dedicated server form shared hosting services.
Usually hosting providers cater technical support, but it will be much easier for you, if you self can mange technical support. However, if it becomes difficult for you to manage technical support system, you can take help from hosting service provider.
In dedicated server hosting services, you have two alternatives, either, you can have your own technical expertise to manage the system, or your entire server, can be managed by the hosting company, the latter option goes for usually those companies which do not have technical expertise for management.
Some of the advantages of Dedicated hosting services-
1. No sharing with other website companies.
2. Full control over the Cpanel and server operation
3. Can easily make any alterations to the server
4. Easy to upload programs; add additional features, and lots more.
With so many advantages, there is only one disadvantage and it is the cost of the service. It is a very expensive hosting service, but the benefits of the service, makes the costing worth. If you are looking regional dedicated servers so it could beneficial to choose dedicated servers India for your cheap hosting.
Dedicated server hosting is of two types- managed and unmanaged, it’s better if you go with unmanaged service. Your hosting provider should be efficient in providing-
1. Fast network and stability
2. Dependable operation
3. Operations with ease and
4. The operations of sophisticated applications.